- Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
- Click Instances in the Navigation pane. Select your instance and look at the Description tab; the Security Groups field lists the security groups that are associated with the instance. Click the
view ruleslink to display a list of the rules that are in effect for the instance.
- Click Security Groups in the Navigation pane. Select one of the EC2 security groups associated with your instance.
- From the Create a new rule list on the Inbound tab, select
- In the Source field, specify your local system’s public IP address in CIDR notation. For example, if your IP address is 203.0.113.0, enter 203.0.113.0/32.
- Click Add Rule.An asterisk appears on the Inbound tab, indicating that the rule hasn’t been applied.
- When you’re finished adding rules, click Apply Rule Changes.The new rules are applied to all instances that are associated with the security group.
This instruction was copied from AWS documentation. See link.
AWS Authorization for SSH Connection